University Resources

An overview of the welfare services available at the University.

There is a comprehensive support and welfare structure available within the university to help with all kinds of different issues. Below is an attempt to lay out what services exist, and what they offer. If you’d like further help determining which service is right for you, we’d encourage you to email or so we can help signpost you.

Mental Health & Wellbeing Team

Contact the mental health & wellbeing team if you’d like help identifying your support needs and help with reasonable adjustments, to discuss strategies for managing student life, short-term support, information on and access to other university services and local mental health services, help liaising with academic and other departments, guidance on Disabled Students Allowance applications, or mental health mentoring if you’re in receipt of DSA.

Wellbeing Drop-In

The Wellbeing Adviser offers drop-in sessions for those who have queries about their wellbeing or want to make changes to improve their wellbeing. Session aims include help in calming down situations, problem solving specific wellbeing issues, signposting to other services, and reviewing progress from a past session.

SU Advice Centre

Contact the advice centre if you have housing issues, academic problems, immigration issues, financial difficulties, or are unsure who to talk to about a particular issue.

University Counselling Service

Contact the counselling service if you are suffering from depression, experiencing stress/anxiety, having difficulties relating to self/identity, having problems with relationships, or have past/present issues which are hindering your capacity to function including abuse, self harm, eating disorders, and loss.

Sexual, racial and personal harassment guidelines

The university’s guidelines set out what is unacceptable behaviour, and how you can report instances of harassment.

SU Hate Crime Reporting

This webpage outlines the possible methods of reporting a hate crime that has been committed. If you would like Warwick Pride’s support/assistance in reporting a hate crime, please email

University Health Centre

Make sure to register with a GP – if you’re on campus or nearby you’ll be in the catchment area for the university health centre. Contact them if you require a consultation with a doctor or nurse, emergency contraception, vaccinations, or sickness certificates. They also have a function in referring trans* people on to relevant services.

SU Welfare & Campaigns sabbatical officer

The SU’s welfare & campaigns officer can offer advice on issues such as housing, and sexual and mental health. They also support and encourage student activism.

SU Liberation officers

These four officers work to ensure that the voices of liberation groups (ethnic minorities students, disabled students, LGBTUA+ students, and women) are heard on campus. They each run campaigns and themed weeks designed to raise awareness of issues affecting Warwick students’ lives.

Residential Life team

If you live in campus accommodation you can contact your resident tutor if you have personal or family problems, are feeling lonely or homesick, having problems with your accommodation, or are not sure who to bring your issue to.

Disability Services

Contact disability services if you have a disability, disabling medical condition or specific learning difficulty, think you may be dyslexic, require advice on services at the university, there are barriers to your studies you think may be related to a disability or specific learning disability, you require information on how to apply for Disabled Students Allowance or wonder if you would qualify, or you have a DSA and want to know how to access services.

Personal Tutoring

You can contact your personal tutor if you have academic concerns, enquiries about course changes, are feeling homesick or lonely, have financial issues, or accommodation concerns.

Senior Tutor

You can contact the senior tutor regarding academic course issues such as change of course, temporary withdrawal, and appeals against academic decisions, difficulties with your personal tutor, course tutor, or supervisor, or advice on a possible academic complaint or appeal against the decision of an examination board.

Student Support Office

Contact the student support office for practical issues such as accommodation and finances, emotional issues such as family difficulties and homesickness, health-related issues such as mental or physical health for yourself or another member of the university community, or safety-related concerns about security or harassment.

Disability Interest Working Group

The disability interest group meets on a termly basis to discuss student disability related issues.

LGBT Staff Network

The LGBT Staff Network runs regular social events for staff.

LGBTUA+ Taskforce

The LGBTUA+ Taskforce is a coalition of staff and students designed to advise the university on LGBTUA+ issues. All are welcome to attend and there is a mailing list on the page. Currently, the student co-chair is a Pride president and can raise any issues on your behalf if necessary.

Equality & Diversity Network

The E&D Network meets on a termly basis to discuss issues pertaining to equality & diversity.

Equality & Diversity webpages

You can browse the above webpages by subject including sexual orientation, race, and disability. The various avenues of support and engagement can be found on the resulting webpages.

E&D Gender Reassignment/Trans* webpage

The university’s gender reassignment/trans policy may be found on this webpage, alongside other useful links. Email us at if you would like support with trans issues, or to get involved with the trans* community at Warwick.

Exam anxiety management

University webpages regarding managing exam stress.

University Student Funding team

Contact the funding team if you want information on what financial support you are entitled to, want to know more about scholarships/bursaries, are having financial difficulties, or have additional financial needs due to caring responsibilities or disabilities.


Contact security for emergency response such as ambulance or fire services, safety and security issues on and off campus, parking and transport arrangements, assistance such as pastoral support or directions, and outdoor event applications and entertainment support.

External Services

The university’s list of potentially useful external sources of help or advice, on issues such as bereavement, eating disorders, and mental health.

Feel Good campaign

Visit the Feel Good campaign webpages for advice and information on how to stay happy and healthy during exam season and beyond.

International Office

The international office supports international students in issues regarding admissions, visa applications, immigration, and international orientation.


Nightline is a student-run confidential listening service based on campus, open 9pm to 9am.

Contacts for the campus police officers.

The West Midlands Police provide two part-time Police Constables, PC Fiona Jay and PC Michelle Francis, and a full-time Police Community Support Officer, Andrew Fox, to ensure the University remains safe for everyone on campus. Their primary role is to offer crime prevention advice and to provide a reassuring, visible presence for the whole campus community.

Dignity at Work and Study

The university’s Dignity at Work and Study policy includes information on the rights and responsibilities of all members of the University community. It also sets out the process to follow if you feel that you are being subjected to harassment or bullying, including how to make a formal complaint.

You may also want to take a look at the guide to student support services.

A breakdown of what services might be useful in particular circumstances may be found on the student support services webpages.

Blog at